Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Fresh start for the year of the Snake

Hi there, happy Chinese New Year! After a severely prolonged hiatus, I'm determined to get back on top of my correspondence and start posting again.... So, here's a bunch of mail that I've sent out over the past few months--- Starting with late summer all the way to what I finished up today! Enjoy, and keep checking back, I'm excited to begin sharing again!



Front & Back of a Letter sent to my penfriend Luke. I like the way the front turned out especially, it kind of looks like a natural sciences book.

The back of an envie sent to my penpal Jona. I was inspired to draw this by my love of dancing, water, and the literary works of Walt Whitman. Based on the his wonderful quote "Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." Beautiful and simple, isn't it?

 Front & Back of an envie created for a longtime penpal. As per usual, numerous animals and nature clips were used for the making of this collage. ;)
 

 
A Birthday card created for a friend of mine who also happens to be a babe. ;)


 A rather proper little envie Created for Caitlyn park.

 Pollination-inspired theme for this envie.

 Owlettes & Roses for Sophie Bee.

 I'm fairly certain I didn't post this before. Unfortunately, I can no longer remember who I sent it out to...


I didn't make this one, it was sent to me from my friend Shannon. But I love Humpback whales and I was incredibly charmed by it! 

 and FINALLY, some postal pieces sent out recently!

I love going to the post office with a good handful of mail to drop off, there is no greater sense of accomplishment I think. :)

Sent to a new penpal in France. You might notice the postage has been canceled- I actually crafted a plain cover for this envie (where I posted unused postal stamps!) for the international postal system to scratch up and destroy. :)


 Mystical package sent out to my longest-running penpal, Meg Elias.

 

 Front & Back of an envie for Taradactyl, a penpal whom I've been owing some quality mail to for quite some time. Excited to be X-changing mail again!

 Another envie for my penpal Lynn!

2 comments:

  1. Ruckus! I was so excited to see your lovely handwriting in my mailbox again. I missed you! Can't wait to receive your letter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How inspiring <3 Loving the pictures & can't wait to write my penpals tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete