Sunday, March 3, 2013

Making The Post go Hum.....March 3, 2013

Okey Dokey- It's been a bit longer than I'd expected since my last post, but still less than a month so I seem to be making some progress, yippee! It hasn't been the most productive few weeks, but I figure it can take a bit to gather steam during the winter. :)


Sent out into the World:

 

 
Hand-illustrated envelope sent to my penpal Caroline in France. (Please Note: although the original illustration isn't mine, it couldn't fit on the envie so I just eye-balled it & drew it directly on there myself, then colored it in w/ colored pencil. I think it turned out well....)
 
  
A mystical-themed envie sent to my penfriend Luke. The snake-womyn is Lilith, who is
A sweet Nature-theme envie for my penpal/bestie Ali, who is quite outdoorsy.

 Three packages sent out last week. The top package was for my 3- yr old niece, hence the cutesy nature of it. Both of the bottom packages were created for Swap-bot fantasy-theme, and of course I chose sealife/mermaid (my new fantastical obsession)

 Front & Back of yet another sea life envie. Vintage National Geographics are officially the best source of fine collages, I've decided!
And the envie innards. I glued my letter sheets to the back of these scientific pages of tiny sea-life to use as stationery. :)

Received from the world:

 Admittedly, not the best haul of my life, but I still received 3 good letters and two postcards- so I certainly can't complain.   :)

The envie in the upper right is from my penpal Lynn, who always sends letters with w/ the nicest assortment of vintage postage stamps. :) The airmail envie arrived from Christina Fernandez all the way from Spain! 

And this lovely, proper little "Black Byrony" fairy arrived from Alison-Claire of England. When I was a young grrrl I had a modest collection of Cicely Mary Barker's fairy illustrations just like this, & it was really lovely to find a fairy from my childhood awaiting me in the mail box. <3






No comments:

Post a Comment