Wednesday, January 26, 2011

MAIL ART & CRAFTS!!!!

First, some mail art envies that I've created and sent out recently:

 A Sweet Little Western-collaged envie

The fish were originally a magazine picture of kites wavering in the breeze. 

A fun letter sent to a fellow bicycle-enthusiast. 

I love the dignified feline with the ascot

A hand-illustrated envelope of a bighorn sheep.

Front and Back of an envie sent out today to my penpal Tara- one of the most avid Mail Artists I know! Hand-illustrated Chickadee, Tiger swallowtail wing & Turkey feather..


 Front and Back of a collage piece sent to my penpal Meg.

AND NOW, FOR SOME CRAFTY LITTLE THINGS I'VE MADE:::
These were both gigantic Thank-You cards for special folks who hosted me during an epic summertime travel adventure. I like how both turned out, and of course they both feature a charming dumpster! <3




And..... A Frida shrine colllage for my friend Kimbo who sincerely loves owls...
 These are all little postal trinkets I made for my mail art penpal Tara. The first was a rad postcard that I spruced up by embroidering the design.


Unfortunately, an older copy of one of my very favorite books (Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat) split into several pieces. I decided to honor the book by integrating it into my passion for drawing and crafting:
Paper Cut-outs I made- that's Betty Page (Huge <3) on the left.


A barn owl illustration I drew for Tara...


MoRe cRaFTs and MaIL aRt to Come!!!!!


1 comment: